Sunday 5 May 2019

(6B2) PPP3: Writing A Cover Letter

Example cover letter.


Dear ______, 
I hope this email finds you well. 
My name is ____ and I’m a graphic designer currently studying at Leeds Arts University who shares your passion for socially-motivated projects and is a great admirer of your work. 
I’m getting in touch with a proposal. I’d love to come and work with you in the studio for either one or two weeks during March. I intend to join you on a placement meaning that I’d be there to learn from you and your team, helping out wherever required. 
No doubt, you get plenty of offers like this, so let me outline why I would be a great addition, rather than a cumbersome burden. Firstly, I feel that my design aesthetic and proficiency makes me a great fit for your studio. In my recent _______ project, I created a ______ ______ ______ ______ _______ ______ _____ _______. Your _______ ____ ______ ___ _____ book and campaign was a great inspiration here and proved how important visual communication is in society, allowing those who are overlooked, cast out or unjustly treated to reclaim their voices. Take a look at _____ here. 
Secondly, I’m eager to learn from you and your team. There’s no substitute for seeing how a studio operates on a day-to-day basis and while my education to date provides the opportunity to develop the creative element of my design practice, it can’t replicate the industry. How you manage clients, projects and the team, pitch for work and balance designing with all of the other things you do is of great interest to me. I sincerely feel that I could pick up a huge amount in just a short spell with you. 
I’ve attached a digital portfolio, tailored for you. If you like what you see, there’s more on my site and instagram. I hope that I’ve captured your attention up to this point and that you’ll consider my pitch. After all, we could be so good together
Best, 
__________________. 






Although I did not complete a placement during my University studies, it is still something that I plan to do within the next month. As I have combated many struggles and hurdles throughout my final year of university, finding a placement proved difficult and my health definitely got in the way of this, as well as breaking my finger.

However, I don't think it's ever too late to look for any kind of placement opportunities and any chance of experience should be grabbed. So I do think creating a cover letter will still be relevant for me because I can also go on to adapt it for when it comes to applying for jobs too.



No comments:

Post a Comment