Saturday 4 May 2019

(6D2) PPP3- Working With An External Client

For one of my extended practice briefs, I collaborated with a Leeds Trinity University student to create some promotional posters for his campaign to be Vice President. This collaboration came about from knowing a few people at this university and my name and email being passed on to Chris for someone to contact for help in creating the posters. 





This was a relaxed brief and most of the communication was done over the phone as I didn't feel an immense pressure from Chris with this brief. I only had a couple of days to complete it but all of the information needed to include within them was sent over imminently and I was able to being work on the posters straight away.

I brainstormed a few ideas and asked him to send over any imagery he thought would help, but I did have mostly free reign with what I was designing as he trusted me to create something he would be happy with.







This collaboration I think was incredibly successful because Chris went on to be elected for Vice President of Leeds Trinity University and had nothing but praise for the posters that were created. 

I did receive a small commission for this and I calculated it by the time I spent creating the posters, I am also going to keep in contact with Chris as he has asked if I would be willing to design more posters in the future for the university and during his time as Vice President. This would include promotional material for sports and social events, their students union, graduation ball and sports awards.


No comments:

Post a Comment