Sunday 5 May 2019

(6B2) PPP3: Putting Together A Manifesto

Manifesto Brainstorm:

  • What do I want to achieve? 
  • What do I want my legacy to be?
  • How do I want to be known?
  • What do I want to do to make a difference?
  • What am I willing to do to achieve my accomplishments?



How to Write a Manifesto: Characteristics of a Manifesto

Manifestos are most compelling when they are written in the present tense, as if though the desired outcome is already happening. We find the best manifestos have three characteristics:
  • They are provocative.
    Manifestos are powerful because they interrupt the status quo. The language of your manifesto or aspirational statement should stretch and challenge what currently exists. This is why we sometimes call manifestos “provocative propositions.”
  • They are grounded.
    At the same time, manifestos cannot be fanciful. They have to be grounded in reality and built upon the strengths of the people, team or product they advance.
  • They are really desired.
    Finally, manifestos generate results when they reflect something that is truly desired. It’s no use to write a manifesto for something that doesn’t excite emotion or meet a real need. A manifesto is meant to motivate; motivation begins with desire.
How am I going to be proactive?

- Having an online presence
- Having my own personal branding
- Having an online portfolio
- Making connections/contacts
- Networking
- Using my creative skills
- Using skills I have gained through jobs

How will I be grounded?

- Be realistic in what I can achieve
- How can I use my skills to adapt/help others
- How can my skills be used for a positive impact
- Being passionate about what I do
- Keeping my online portfolio up to date
- Keeping my Instagram up to date

How can I make it desired?

- Keep it motivating
- Also keep it realistic 

No comments:

Post a Comment