Thursday 23 March 2017

Who Inspires me?

While considering what I wanted to include within my final presentation, I wanted to write up a blog post about other artists and designers that inspire me. This isn't always reflected in my own work but often I find looking at existing work inspires me to be more creative and it encourages me to expand my knowledge and practise. 

DAVID SHRIGLEY


This is one of my favourite pieces of work ever, the 'I will show the world how brilliant I am' just truly inspires me to do the best I can and to stick at my work and what I am doing. I like Shrigley's work because he adds lots of my kind of humour within the designs- I like how his little drawings are never perfect because I think now designers focus too much on being 'perfect', something which he isn't concerned with .

GEMMA CORRELL


Gemma Correll's work is much more illustration based, again this is another artist who makes their work humorous and light-hearted. I have wrote about Correll's work before, she writes and creates a lot of drawings about dealing with anxiety- something which although doesn't affect me as much now, still plays a big part in my life. This means I can relate to her work because she makes light of the situation, alongside the fact I like her illustrations in general. 

OPHELIA PANG


This work is slightly different to the previous two and not really illustration based. I like the work of Ophelia Pang because of the colours and shapes she uses within her designs. I find them very visually pleasing in terms of how they appeal to the eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment