Tuesday 28 August 2018

(6A2) Tate Liverpool- Op Art In Focus

Op art in Focus is a part of Tate Liverpool’s in Focus series – displays of the Tate collection dedicated to significant modern and contemporary artists or movements.



Op Art is something I haven't heard of until visiting this exhibition. Optical Art is its full name and it emerged in the 1960's, they combine lines, geometric shapes, and eye popping colour to fool the eye. This was shown in the pieces and pictures I have put below.





The exhibition room wasn't like anything I had visited or seen before, it was incredibly fun and energetic as the colours used on the artworks were incredibly bright and bold. The floor especially caught my eye as it was like one large optical illusion and gave the sense and feel that it was moving as you walked across it.

I thoroughly enjoyed this exhibition, having never heard of Optical Art it has encouraged me to look into it further and think about exhibition spaces and how you don't always have to create something that can be hung on the wall or sculpted, it can be something like the floor or walls of this exhibition.   

No comments:

Post a Comment